Fields indicated in red are mandatory fields and fields which are in grey are read only. Unit price field specifies the price at which the product was sold. List price is the price of the product in the pricebook. use either one of the totalprice or unitprice field while loading.The other field will be automatically calculated based on quantity while loading. Refer to my previous post for inserting a new pricebook entry/ Exporting existing pricebookentry. Prepare a csv file with all these data.Also optional fields like service date and description can be filled for CSV. Use data loader to insert data. Click here for Sample CSV
Notes on loading
- pricebook entry should be in the same pricebook that is assigned to the opportunity. The pricebook name can be found in pricebook2id field in opportunity
- If the opportunity does not have an associated pricebook2, the API automatically sets the pricebook on the opportunity if the line item corresponds to a Pricebookentry in an active Pricebook2. Changing the pricebook association would delete existing opportunity line items.
- Creating an OpportunityLineItem increments the OpportunityAmount value by the TotalPrice of the OpportunityLineItem. Additionally, inserting an OpportunityLineItem increments the ExpectedRevenue on the opportunity by the TotalPrice times the opportunity Probability.
- The OpportunityAmount becomes a read-only field when the opportunity has line items.
- If multi-Currency is enable for your organization, Choose a price book that contains products with the same currency as the opportunity. pricebook entry currency code should match opportunity currency code.You cannot update the CurrencyIsoCode field on the opportunity if line items exist.